Light Emitting Diode Arrays and Matrices
|Very compact multi-element LED arrays and LED
matrices emitting at one or different wavelengths
- Miniature dimensions of an LED chip (350 × 350 µm),
- Narrow-band emission spectrum,
- Short response time and
- Low thermal flux
What is the LED Matrix?
The LED matrix is an arrangement of similar or different LED-chips
mounted in a single compact package and driven together or
independently. This kind of emitter is a powerful radiation source for
portable optical analysis systems.
- Parallel connection of several LED chips that emit at the same
wavelength and driven together can provide a significant increase of
total optical power.
Standard one-wavelength matrices
- Connecting LED chips that emit at different wavelengths and
driving them independently, or applying short current pulses
sequentially to each chip, enables scanning of a certain spectral
range with the help of a very compact radiation source.
Standard multi-wavelength matrices
- Option to design a custom matrix combining different LED chips
and choosing appropriate package.